We love amber and the team at Powell's Owls love to share their amber knowledge. If you have any questions about amber please Contact Us. We promise to answer your questions within 24 hours!
How Does Amber Help With Teething?
When a baby wears an amber teething necklace (amber teething bracelet/amber teething anklet) made of 100% Baltic amber, the body heat of the baby triggers the release of healing oil (Succinic Acid) into the bloodstream. Succinic Acid is thought to be responsible for most teething benefits that are provided by amber jewelry. The anti-inflammatory properties soothe red inflamed cheeks and gums and the amber’s calming properties will help calm and soothe a baby without resorting to drugs.
How Long Does It Take For The Amber To Work?
The effects from the amber jewelry can begin working within hours. However as each child is different it can take up to 1-2 weeks for others. In addition, the bigger the body and the extent of the problem, the longer it can take to see a difference. Just like taking a food supplement, you will not feel an immediate effect. Typically we ask our customers to commit to wearing it for 3 to 4 weeks.
Does Amber Jewelry Work For Adults?
Absolutely! Baltic amber can help other conditions too including:
- Helps the body heal itself therefore speeding up the recovery process
- Boosts the immune system in assisting healing with ear, throat, stomach and respiratory infections.
- Relieves headaches, sore neck, sore throat and chest congestion.
- Anti-anxiety remedy that gets rid of fatigue and weariness, improves self-confidence.
Can Amber Jewelry Be Worn In The Bath?
Amber can be worn in the bath however frequent wetting and drying can weaken the thread on the jewelry. Avoid wearing your necklace in the pool or hot tubs where chemicals are harmful to the amber. If the necklace needs to be washed, use warm water only, no soap.
Is Amber Jewelry Safe For My Child?
We recommend that all amber jewelry is used under supervision. Amber necklaces and amber teething bracelets are made for wearing, not for chewing!
We recommend the following:
- Parents should always supervise their child when wearing the necklace or bracelet
- Remove the necklace or bracelet when their child is asleep or unattended. If you want you could put a bracelet on your child or wind the necklace around their ankle and safely cover with clothing.
- Do not allow child to chew the necklace or bracelet
Check out our brand new collection of Amber and Hazelwood Necklaces!