One of the most common questions we receive at Powell's Owls is how best to care for your amber jewelry.
See what our experts recommend:
Baltic amber is a tree resin, a delicate material that must be handled with special care. To ensure that your amber necklace or amber bracelet remains in the best possible condition over an extended period of time, please follow this advice:
- Store jewelry in a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Polish Baltic amber items with a soft cloth to maintain its shiny surface.
- To clean use a soft cloth dampened with clean lukewarm water (no chlorine, detergents). You should dry your Amber very carefully, lightly polish and remove any excess oil.
- Remove jewelry before swimming, and/or applying products (e.g. hairspray, soap, or lotion), as this could harm the surface and reduce shining.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch Baltic amber item.
Take care of your amber jewelry and it will take care of you!